It says here that Shane MacGowan, the boozy, rabble-rousing singer (singer? – NA) and chief songwriter of The Pogues, infused traditional Irish music with the energy and spirit of punk. MacGowan’s songwriting and persona made him an iconic figure in contemporary Irish culture, and some of his compositions have become classics — most notably the bittersweet Christmas ballad “Fairytale of New York”.
Here’s a tribute to Shane from the incomparable Chas Crane.
Onwards with Dead Pool 309. You know the rules:
1) Pick 5 famous cunts you think will conk out next. It is first come first serve and no duplicates are allowed. You can always be a cunt and steal someone else’s nominations from the previous pool.
2) Anyone who nominates the world’s oldest man or woman is a cunt who will be ignored.
3) It must be a famous cunt who we have heard of.
4) No swapping picks mid pool unless already taken.
5) Hits are rewarded based on the chronology of death reporting not necessarily chronology of death.
Let the game begin!